Visit our Study Abroad Ambassador of the week Kiera Ayres’ Global Competency Portfolio to see her Study Abroad Experience!
What Is It?
The Thompson Rivers University Global Competency Certificate is a certificate that formally recognizes students for their international and intercultural experiences, knowledge, skills, and steps taken towards becoming a globalized citizen.
- Can be earned while in any program at TRU (either undergraduate or graduate).
- One credit course where a portfolio must be completed (GLBL 1000).
- Graduates have up to one year after graduation to complete their application for Global Competency.
What Are The Benefits?
- Receive documented proof of your intercultural awareness, experiences, and attitudes of a globally-minded citizen.
- Your portfolio will highlight all of your relevant and valuable experiences for employers to see
- Acknowledged with a certificate upon graduation and have it formally noted on your transcript
How Do I Earn It?
- Attend an Information Session on the Program
- Send an e-mail to Julie Taylor email@example.com or call (250) 371-5996 if you have further questions or for more information
- Sign up for GLBL 1000 course
- Earn a minimum of 12 points in 2 or more categories
- Study Abroad = 5 points in the International Experiences category!
- Check out the link for Categories and Points
- Document your experiences in a portfolio
Check out the TRU Global Competency Website for more details: