1. Students pay their tuition to TRU prior to leaving, which avoids having to pay expensive international student tuition fees while abroad.
2. If you are accepted into the Study Abroad program you will automatically receive a $500 CUEF bursary, which you can use towards your amazing experience abroad.
3. There are tons of scholarships and awards available, check out these options before applying.
o globalfunding.inside.tru.ca/ – International bursaries/scholarships
o tru.ca/awards.html – Student Awards & Financial Support
o tru.ca/studyabroad/resources/awards.html – More Scholarships and Awards
4. Your student loans are still applicable if you are studying abroad.
o Research your loan options and see if you are applicable to receiving loans or funding! https://studentaidbc.ca/
5. First Nations funding can still apply to your international travels depending on your band.
6. Certain countries have lower cost of living then other so if you are on a budget consider more inexpensive areas.
7. In certain countries you are able to work on a student visa so you can keep on top of your finances and earn money throughout the semester.